Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Year, No Baggage

Hi my fellow readers! ... If I have any out there ;) If not, at least I'll know I'll be reading this later in life and maybe my "future" kids as well. ;)
I say "no baggage" in the new year because that is what the guest Pastor Albert Tate spoke about today in church. Leave your baggage behind and trust God. So, that's what I did. I stood up, raised my hands to the sky and said, God, here you go. I have a lot of things in my past that I am not proud of...2 divorces, moving all around all the time, not trusting God, letting a lot of pain and sorrow build up for what I lost and what I don't have. I stood up today in church and gave away all my excess baggage so I can start fresh and look forward to my new life. My life with God, and Galen. Only 143 days until I am Mrs. Becker...I'm SO excited about that! :) We hope to start trying for a baby right after the wedding in May. It all seems so surreal, but I guess that is what makes it a little scary...the unknown. But that is what you get when you lose that familiar baggage you're carrying around and trust God to take you where you need to go.
I'm ready Lord, let's go!

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to start the day and new year. You will be blessed indeed.
    I am so happy for the 2 of you..what a fun year for you both.
    I am following along, so you aren't alone :-)

    ReplyDelete