Sunday, February 27, 2011

Stamping 411 Challenge #192

Today I played along at Stamping 411 and made a simple, masculine birthday card for my fiance, Galen. He turned 28 today! He's catching up to me ;) LOL
Here is the sketch...

Stampin Up has some great masculine but lovely design papers such as the one I used, Elegant Soiree, but there is also Woodland Walk and Blueberry Crisp. (check them out on pages 173, 174 and 175 in the IBC (Idea Book & Catalog).
I distressed the edges of my card to give it a little rough look to it and finished it off with a button in Crumb Cake (from Mini Catalog) and a little bit of the Baja Breeze seam binding. I love the seam binding, and they come in great colors! I also paper pieced the candles...a little awkward since they are so small, but they really finish the cake!
Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment if you have the time! :)

7 comments:

  1. The CAS style of this card is perfectly masculine, love the dsp too! Thanks for playing along this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a perfect masculine card......just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! The dsp makes it have such a masculine feel.. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful masculine card...Love the ribbon in the button!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome CAS card!! And I agree that it is perfect for a masculine card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great guy card! I love that big 'ol button!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! Love that you paper-pieced the candles on the cake! Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete