Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I'm sorry I haven't posted this week, I have been feeling terrible. I have some sort of head cold/sinus cold. My head feels very heavy, my throat hurts, and I'm sooo tired.So, on to my post!
I wasn't sure of the meaning of St.Patrick's Day, but I love to enjoy Corned Beef, cabbage and potatoes on this day! So I had to Google it...
"St. Patrick's Day is a religious holiday celebrated internationally on 17 March. It is commemorates Saint Patrick (c. AD 387–461), the most commonly recognized of the patron saints of Ireland, and the arrival of Christianity in Ireland. According to legend, Saint Patrick used the shamrock, a three-leaved plant, to explain the Holy Trinity to the pre-Christian Irish people." The meal of corned beef, cabbage, and garlic mashed potatoes is a classic Irish St. Patrick's Day feast. So, that's what I'm making for dinner, but I'm doing boiled red potatoes instead of mashed. Here's what I've got going so far...

If you plan on cooking one too, you better get started! It takes about 3-3-1/2" hours to get tender!
I'll try to add a finished picture later and maybe my Easter cards I'm trying to work on. I'm trying to piece them together, but I'm getting so weak and tired. :(
Hope you have a great St. Pat's day, have some green beer (it's tradition) and Erin go Bragh!!! :)
Mmmmm YUM! Here is my finished corned beef!

No comments:

Post a Comment