Thursday, May 19, 2011

BBQ Punch Art Card for Father's Day

I was so excited when I saw this card on Inkspired Treasures! My dad is an avid Weber-user so I know he'll love it!

I just had to recreate it with my own touch. I made the BBQ with the 1-3/4" punch, cut in half and held together with a brad. The legs are the word window punch, one cut in half. The wheels are the 1/2" punch and a circle from a cropadile (or you can use a hole punch). I put a white dot in the middle using my white gel pen and used it for the dash accents on the grill. The handle is a 1/2" circle punch punched with the circle from itty bitty punch pack. The smoke is a flourish acrylic stamp I had (not sure from where), and I stamped with Versamark then used silver embossing powder. The background is the Backgrounds 1 texturz plates from SU. I used 2 square silver brads as accents on each corner and also punched 2 corners with the Ticket Corner punch from SU. The tag is the modern label punch and the word window punch by Stampin Up.

Hope you enjoy making this cute card! It would be great for a BBQ invitation or a 4th of July celebration (I can see it now in red/white/blue!)...I might make one of those just for fun!

Cardstock used:
Real Red
Basic Black
Whisper White
Sahara Sand
Basic Gray

1 comment:

  1. Great card! I need to make something like this for Fathers day :-)

    ReplyDelete