Friday, September 25, 2009

Camping at June Lake & Some Challenges


So, I went camping with my boyfriend and his wonderful family this last weekend. They decided on June Lake, CA. Galen and I had never been there so we weren't sure the best route to take. His step-dad gave us 3 routes to choose from. The route we picked was through Stockton, Sonora, Strawberry and up over the Sonora Pass. I do not recommend ANYONE to ever take this route! LOL! It was a winding road and had tons of switchbacks so we could only drive about 15-20 mph the whole way over it. The drive took us 7 1/2 hours. The way back was through Lake Tahoe, took us 4 1/2 hours. Much better and prettier too! I give this lake 5 stars. We enjoyed kayaking and hangin out by the campfire! Ok on to some challenges!! I got VERY behind while we were gone, so I had to combine some challenges...
I combined the challenges Mojo Monday, Moxie Fab World and Basic Grey Challenges.

I followed the sketch from Mojo Monday Week 105. I used Basic Grey Paper Periphery, a BG magnetic embellishment and BG Periphery ribbon and did some wet embossing on Unity's Bevy of Butterflies stamps. The challenge for Moxie Fab was to use some gradient color, or ombre, so that's the light and dark circles. Here's my finished card. Please leave me a comment when you stop by! Thanks for visiting and stay tuned for lots more! :)

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful card....... I love your layering and you've chosen gorgeous embellishments too!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Basic Grey ;o)
    Hugs Tara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Charlene! Thanks for entering the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, Lake Juno AND your card look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lake Juno?!? I need to visit that place. It's gorgeous. Everything is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete