Monday, October 24, 2011

Designing a Fall Card Using Falling Leaves by Stampin' Up!

I absolutely love that Spice Cake designer paper from Stampin' Up!'s Holiday mini catalog! Did I already mention that?? I love the scallop border punch too, so I had to use it with this card. I started with Early Espresso cardstock and the piece of DSP that has paisley and flower patterns on it in Pear Pizzazz. I layered a 1" piece of scalloped Very Vanilla behind the DSP.


I knew I wanted to use the stamp set Falling Leaves, but wasn't sure how I wanted to stamp them. I even checked with my stamping assistant Hunny...she wasn't sure either ... :)


So, we decided to stamp the leaves in Pear Pizzazz first and mount them on Early Espresso. Too much green?

I checked with my husband Galen and he said I should mix it up a little bit...so...


Then I just needed a sentiment, so I had cut a little banner and curled it using my bone folder...

And here's my finished card! Hunny liked it too.... :) Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!!


Feel free to CASE my card, but if you blog about it please give credit to my design :) Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment