Monday, April 5, 2010

2nd Term Culinary School - Foundations II

So today was my first day back to school, our 2nd term. Our chef is Chef Bruno...he's from Peru and has quite the heavy accent. So, in between his thick accent and talking pretty fast I will strain to keep up. Today we made brown stock and tomorrow we'll drop it (strain it out). When we were almost done with the stock, everyone combined all their ingredients into 2 stock pots. We cleaned up and he announced we had a pop quiz from our 1st term, YIKES! I hoped I remembered everything...
We came back from break and took the test. I felt like I might have missed 5 or 6 out of 20. I hope I didn't miss more than that. Then I suddenly remembered we didn't put in the sachet (or bouquet garni) of herbs into the stock. (He didn't mention it to us) I asked him about it. He said "Do you have it ready?" I said, "no". So he said "oh well, don't worry about it". LOL! Hope our stock will still taste superb anyway! :)
Like Chef Dellar said last term, "It's ON!".

No comments:

Post a Comment