Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gnocchi

We made gnocchi today at school. I totally bombed. I over worked my dough so my gnocchis were doughy. :( I am bummed because I totally love them. I decided to make some tonight and I'll let you know how they turn out. I'll take a picture. Also going to make Ratatouille since I have a practical test tomorrow! We have to make rice pilaf, ratatouille, glazed carrots, Dauphinoise potatoes and green beans amendine! Wish me luck!
Also we had someone come in to talk to us about an externship in Sorrento, Italy. I decided I want to do my 6 weeks abroad somewhere. I would love to do it in Italy, Spain or France. Preferably in Italy. I think I will need some help with the financial part though, it can get pricey with some of these programs. The one they talked about today was $4500 for 3 months (does not include airfare). Also still saving for my wedding next May. Would it be rude to make a Paypal donation button?? :)

2 comments:

  1. ITALY!!!!!!!! That is a no brainer, not that I have an unbiased opinion or anything. I cannot say that I am fan of anything around Napoli (Naples), but Sorrento is a wonderful area. My motto (which Nike stole) is "JUST DO IT"!!!!
    I will never be the same after living here so long and your song that is playing is nailing it on the head "It feels like home to me, it feels like where I belong". I love America, I just don't want to live there.
    Miss getting to catch up with you more often. BTW, I signed up for Culinary school once. They totally freaked me out when I went to the head dude and he walked me through the courses. All that chopping and perfecting sauces, CHOPPING. Dude I have tools in my kitchen that do that. Not ME. LOL, I un-enrolled w/in 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA You are too funny Justine!! I know, I am ready to go to Italy!! Can I stay with you? :D But seriously do you know any restaurateurs over there? We can try to set up our own externship if we know someone or someone that has a restaurant that would be willing to let us work there (paid or unpaid) :)

    ReplyDelete