Monday, April 9, 2012

Tiramisu Recipe - MUST TRY!

Ok kids, if you love Tiramisu, this recipe is probably one of the best out there! (I wish I could take credit!) However, I found it on the Food Network website. ;) It's Johnny Garlic's Classic Tiramisu. If you're not familiar with Johnny Garlic's, it's a restaurant chain owned by celebrity chef Guy Fieri.
I made this for my sister in law and her husband and they LOVED it. Of course I did too - I mean wow it is SO GOOD. It makes a 9x13 pan full so you have plenty for 14-16 people easily!
I bought the hard lady fingers and wasn't sure how it would turn out but since you dip them in the coffee/amaretto mixture, they do really soak up that liquid. (You just need to do a quick dip too)
That is what you do first and line your 9x13 pan with the soaked lady fingers.

Then you put a mascarpone/cream layer on top of it, I whipped mine up in my Kitchen Aid mixer, super easy....and sprinkle unsweetened cocoa powder on top of it.

Then add another layer of soaked lady fingers.....


Then of course another layer of the creamy mascarpone filling and top with more cocoa powder.

I made this 1 day ahead and covered it tightly with saran wrap and kept it in the fridge. It came out so good and tasted just like a restaurant style Tiramisu! It's a very impressive dessert that is quite easy to make! Hope you try it and enjoy! I know we did!!!

1 comment:

  1. I just had this two weeks ago from a bakery, I couldn't dare make it at home, I would eat it all by myself, lol. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete